Bdid Blog

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Inclement Weather

I'm moving back to California. Seriously, the high tomorrow in Boulder is 7 degrees. That's the high. The low is negative six. Not the windchill, but the air temperature. That's approximately 76 degrees below room temperature. Brrr.

At this point, I have to say I'm feeling alittle deceived regarding Boulder winters. I was told, oh yes, it will snow in Boulder, but it always melts the next day. I love snow. It snowed today. But something tells me it isn't going to be melting tomorrow.

In other news, yesterday was windy. There were recorded wind speeds of 88 miles per hour in the area. A roof blew off someone's house in Boulder. Two people in my office were KNOCKED TO THE GROUND in the parking lot trying to get into the building in the morning. Both of them lost their lunch. It blew away. Just like that. A coworker turned to help one of the women who fell, and in turning his head, his sunglasses blew right off his face. They were 30 feet in the air before he could do anything about them. They are probably in Kansas by now. I literally thought for a minute that I wasn't going to make it from my car to the building. Kinda makes you want to walk around with rocks in your pockets just so you don't blow away.

My parents were concerned about earthquakes in California. All I got was one or two rumblings in my three years there. In the past two days, I've battled hurricane force winds, icy, snowy roads, and temperatures that would make your face freeze solid in approximately 43 seconds. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger JulieBee said...

are you saying I should stop complaining that it's cooled down to 70 here, and that it was a little chilly at the beach last weekend playing ultimate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home