Bdid Blog

Saturday, December 03, 2005

New Stuff

I did it. I bought a new road bike. And not just ANY bike, but a really sweet 2005 Lemond Zurich. Steel frame, with a carbon fiber fork, seat stays, and top tube. Shimano ultegra components. Bontrager Race X-lite wheels. This baby is souped up. :) But my favorite part? It has a triple crank. I went for a short ride today to test it out (despite the 32 degree weather and snow on the ground) and my knees were singing for joy.

I headed straight for the nearest climb (not hard to find around here). With the chilly temps, I was the only one on the road. Even with the triple, climbing is hard work, and I was toasty warm before I knew it. And I was thinking, why am I the only one out riding on this fine Colorado day? But then the road started to get slushy and I had to turn around and head downhill. WOOO HOOO. That was COLD!!! NO WONDER I was the only one on the road. I am only now beginning to regain sensation in my fingers and toes. But that's okay - after all, I own a sweet bike. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home