Bdid Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Tri'ed


After a slow start of nearly hyperventilating as arms/legs/knees/elbows were thashing everywhere during the wave start of the swim, I calmed down and really enjoyed the challenge of completing my first Olympic distance triathlon. The bike was my favorite part, as I knew it would be. I wish I could adequately describe the feeling of cruising down a country road at 20 mph, the feel of the wind and the sun, and the line of riders to my front and back. Nothing propels me forward quite like the thought of getting passed by another rider.

Speaking of getting passed, I continue to be amazed at the level of fitness people achieve here in Colorado. While I was happy with my times on each leg, I was certainly on the slow side overall. Which means, I have to train harder next year!

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who gave to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Thanks to all of you, I raised $2,000 for the society. You guys are the best!


1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger JulieBee said...

YAY! Congrats.... they're addicting, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home