Bdid Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Back on the proverbial horse

Sorry for the multi-month absence. After multiple complaints (okay, it seems only one person noticed), I am back on-line. Its been so long I don't know where to start. The summer has been a good one. I've taken a few trips, competed in my annual triathlon, sworn once again that I hate swimming and will never sign up for a triathlon again, broken my ribs, healed from my broken ribs, got back on the horse, so to speak (that would be the mountain bike, in my case), and built a deck. Pictures of most of the above to follow.

For now, let's just say that I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I believe and why I believe it, and this quote from my church bulletin on Sunday really spoke to me:

"You rack your brain to solve the mystery of the Savior, but you would do better to examine the puzzle of your own heart. You should be wondering why you are so impenetrable: why your intentions, which are always so noble, are followed by so few good deeds; why, despite your pious impulses, your life is so lacking in genuine devotion; why, when it comes to really getting things done, you turn out to be so feeble, so lame. You are always sighing, it is true, but to what effect?"

C.F. Blumhardt

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger JulieBee said...

Welcome back! You were missed :) Everyone else was thinking it in their heads too even if they were just thinking it to themselves. As for your quote, I like it. I have, however, decided of late that thinking itself is overrated, or at least thinking that I could solve mysteries of either sort that the quote mentions, and decided to spend less time thinking and more time being, and for the time being, I feel much better. Some may quibble with my methodology but at this point I just fart in their general direction.

miss you much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home