Bdid Blog

Friday, October 13, 2006

Coffee, California-style

With the much-heralded opening of the 29th St. Mall here in Boulder, comes the lesser known, but no less anticipated (for me, anyway) opening of Boulder's first Peet's Coffee. I stopped by this morning to grab my own (FREE!) cup of caffeinated goodness, remembering fondly all those times in California when I enjoyed Berkeley's finest.

Since Brett D is getting shout-outs in blogs left and right these days, I'm going to give him my own shout-out for being the one to instill in me a love of this non-pretentious coffee chain. If you're looking for an decaf, non-fat, hold-the-whip, pumpkin spice ecstasy, you are at the wrong place. Just looking for plain old coffee and tea? Peet's is the one.

Ahhh.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Brian Irwin said...

Of course Peets is great, actually used to love getting some of those whipped iced mocha thingies when I was back in Santa Barbara. Good for a beach day. But of course if you want real coffee you need to eventually go to Seattle! It really takes some nice depressing weather (like today) to really enjoy the meaning of coffee in your life! Hope all is well.

Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home